What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
Lasers are useful for removing unwanted hair from the face, leg, chin, back, arm, underarm, bikini line, and other areas.
Benefits of laser hair removal include:
- Cost-Effective – Gone will be the days of having to pay for wax treatments, depilatory creams, and razors. Although the initial cost of laser hair removal may have a higher cost, the time and money you will save after make up for it.
- No more Ingrown Hairs – You’ll no longer have to put up with painful and unsightly ingrown hairs, nor tolerate razor burns or irritation. Laser hair removal can even improve ingrown hairs.
- Precision – Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Predictability – Most of our patients see a significant reduction in hair growth after an average of three to seven sessions.
- Speed – Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat multiple hairs at the same time. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
What’s the First Step?
The first step to getting laser hair removal in Milwaukee or the surrounding areas is to book a consultation or schedule an appointment, during which, we’ll be able to provide you with more information about the treatment, answer questions, and provide our expert recommendations.
What to Expect on the Day of Laser Hair Removal?
It is best to arrive at your laser hair removal appointment with the area you wish to be treated already shaved. This ensures that the laser can penetrate the hair follicle. Any stray hairs can be shaved by your aesthetician. Settings will be adjusted for you by your aesthetician based on the color, thickness, and location of the hair being treated.
Depending on the laser or light source used, eye protection will be utilized for safety. The outer layers of your skin will also be covered with a cold gel for additional comfort, as well as help the laser penetrate your skin.
Finally, a final pulse of light will be targeted at the treatment area and watched for several minutes to ensure the best settings were used, as well as check for negative reactions. After the procedure is completed, anti-inflammatory creams and ice packs may be applied to help aid you with any discomfort.
You should schedule additional appointments if needed, which can be done between four and six weeks after each treatment.
Laser Hair Removal Recovery
During the first day or so after your procedure, your skin will look and feel like it’s sunburned – cool compresses and moisturizers can help you with any discomfort. You should avoid wearing makeup for the first 24 hours, but you can return to your normal use the next day unless your skin is blistering.
Blisters are rare but are more likely in people with darker complexions. Other potential side effects are swelling, redness, and scarring. Permanent scarring or changes in skin color are rare.
How Much Does Laser Hair Cost in Milwaukee?
The cost of laser hair removal in Milwaukee will vary depending on several factors. The treatment area and the number of sessions will impact the price. During your consultation, we’ll be able to provide you with an exact breakdown of the total cost.
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
How many sessions will I need?
Unfortunately, hair removal isn’t a one-and-done procedure. While you may notice some results after your first session, most hairs tend to gradually fall out as they die in the following weeks of your treatment. Most patients will need to regularly shave until their third treatment.
Is laser hair removal permanent?
Yes! Although the body does have a way of surprising us, most patients see permanent hair removal after 3 sessions.