- The only FDA-approved microneedling device by Bellus Medical
- Clinically proven to improve the appearance of facial acne scars for people aged 22 and above in all skin types
- Triggers the skin’s remodeling process by creating thousands of tiny micro-injuries in the dermis, generating new collagen without causing the formation of scar tissue
“For the first time in my life I’ve received compliments on my skin from my SkinPen treatments.”
SkinPen patient, after 3 procedures for acne scars, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Little to no downtime
- Effective for all skin types, light to dark
- Comfortable experience
- Short procedure time
- Ideal any time of the year
- Real results from a safe, natural and minimally invasive procedure
- Clinically proven safe and effective
- 90% of subjects in a clinical trial said they would recommend SkinPen treatment to friends and family.
How does microneedling with SkinPen work?
The SkinPen microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
Phase III: Remodeling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.
Outcome is beautiful, youthful looking skin.
How long does it take?
Procedures typically take only 30 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area and the desired results
The results? Clinically proven improvements in the
appearance of facial acne scars for people aged 22 and up
Before and After